Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||20 Years - 60 Years|
- - Aged 20-60 years old.
- - Either healthy or diagnosed with a gut disorder: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) which may include Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
- - In good general health.
- - Provided written informed consent and willing to participate in this study.
- - Received antibiotics in the previous six months.
- - Consume prebiotics or probiotics on a regular basis (at least 3 times per week) in the last 2 weeks or intend to throughout the course of the study.
- - Current use of immunosuppressive drugs.
- - Use of other medication which affects gastrointestinal motility and/or gut discomfort.
- - History of alcohol or drug misuse.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||N/A|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Gastrointestinal Disease|
Healthy participants are those without IBS, IBD or any other gastrointestinal disorder
: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Participants with Rome IV diagnosed IBS
: Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Patients with IBD - either ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn's disease (CD)
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.