Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years and Over|
- - Patients with solid tumors treated with PD-1, PD-L1 and /or CTLA-4 inhibitors and where IrAE colitis is preventing further treatment with check point inhibitors.
- - IrAE colitis where the oncologist suggests treatment with tablet or IV corticosteroids (prednisolone or equivalent) - Negative pregnancy test in fertile women.
- - Age ≥ 18.
- - Any ongoing infectious disease, including GI infections.
- - Neutropenia within the last month.
- - Known allergy towards vedolizumab or Infliximab.
- - Severe heart failure, NYHA grade 3-4.
- - Colorectal cancer.
- - Other IrAEs requiring systemic treatment with either prednisolone (> 10 mg daily or equivalents) or other immunosuppressive medications within 14 days before study drug administration.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|University of Copenhagen|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Jakob B Seidelin, professor|
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||University of Copenhagen|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
Background information Immune check point inhibitors (ICPI) have revolutionized the treatment of a growing number of cancer forms resulting in a rapidly increasing number of patients treated with these drugs within the very recent years. The aim is to allow and boost an immune response towards the neoantigens of neoplastic cells, but the blockage of inhibitory signals might also interfere with normal barriers against the development of autoimmunity or autoimmune-like reactions and thus lead to a number of immune-related adverse events (IrAEs). Gastrointestinal inflammation
- - typically colitis - is the most common IrAE among ICPI treated patients.
Active Comparator: vedolizumab
Active Comparator: Standard treatment
Drug: - Vedolizumab
Repeatedly vedolizumab infusion at week 0, 2, 6, 14, 22
Drug: - Prednisolone
tablet prednisolone plus infliximab in severe cases.
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.