Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years - 70 Years|
- - moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis, defined as a total score of 6 to 12 on the Mayo scale (scores range from 0 to 12, with higher scores indicating more severe disease) and a subscore of at least 2 on the endoscopic component of the Mayo scale (subscores on each of the four components of the Mayo scale range from 0 to 3) - Patients who had colonic involvement of at least 15 cm.
- - Patients who had a confirmed diagnosis of ulcerative colitis at least 3 months before screening and confirmed by Pathology.
- - Patients who had previously used any TNF inhibitor.
- - Patients who were steroid-dependent or steriod-resistant.
- - Patients who had undergone subtotal colectomy or total colectomy.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|Sixth Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||N/A|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Moderate to Severe Ulcerative Colitis|
: UC cohort
the patiente of Moderate to Severe Ulcerative Colitis who recieved infliximab(IFX) or corticosteroids(CS) as induction therapy would be enrolled in this cohort
Drug: - Infliximab
Infliximab was used as induction therapy in UC patients, the maintenance treatment was decided by the researcher
Drug: - Corticosteroid
Corticosteroids was used as induction therapy in UC patients, the maintenance treatment was decided by the researcher
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.